Both Gregg Tilston and I love music. And there is no better season to enjoy music than in the summer: At an outdoor summer festival, concert, out on the patio or even while just sitting outside in your local park.
So while we all enjoy the summer we thought we’d ask some of our guests what their favourite songs are.
Jim Creeggan is 1/4 of the Canadian pop-rock band, Barenaked Ladies.
In this episode we talk about:
– his friendship with Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip
– the influence The Hip has had on him and Barenaked Ladies
– How Jim started in music and ended up with BNL
– How Jim almost quit BNL
– Why Steven Page left the band
– Jim’s favourite BNL song and album
– Jim’s new project with his wife called, The Together Project
– Listener questions and so much more!
In today’s episode I speak former musician and good friend Gregg Tilston. Back on Episode #7we chatted about Gregg’s career to date. Today, Gregg and I discuss the recently completed Man Machine Poem Tour.
Gregg has a unique perspective on Canada’s favourite band, The Tragically Hip. In the mid to late-80s Gregg was in a new wave pop band called International Boundaries (INB). The management company they signed with also had a new band from Kingston on their roster: The Tragically Hip.
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
Also features music by The Tragically Hip: Last American Exit and Ahead By A Century.
Just before he finished working with Flight Centre as it’s global head of social media, Gregg Tilston and I sat down to chat about music, touring, Toronto, travel, social media and lots of other things.