Both Gregg Tilston and I love music. And there is no better season to enjoy music than in the summer: At an outdoor summer festival, concert, out on the patio or even while just sitting outside in your local park.
Jim Creeggan is 1/4 of the Canadian pop-rock band, Barenaked Ladies.
In this episode we talk about:
– his friendship with Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip
– the influence The Hip has had on him and Barenaked Ladies
– How Jim started in music and ended up with BNL
– How Jim almost quit BNL
– Why Steven Page left the band
– Jim’s favourite BNL song and album
– Jim’s new project with his wife called, The Together Project
– Listener questions and so much more!
In today’s episode I speak former musician and good friend Gregg Tilston. Back on Episode #7we chatted about Gregg’s career to date. Today, Gregg and I discuss the recently completed Man Machine Poem Tour.
Gregg has a unique perspective on Canada’s favourite band, The Tragically Hip. In the mid to late-80s Gregg was in a new wave pop band called International Boundaries (INB). The management company they signed with also had a new band from Kingston on their roster: The Tragically Hip.
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
Also features music by The Tragically Hip: Last American Exit and Ahead By A Century.
Just before he finished working with Flight Centre as it’s global head of social media, Gregg Tilston and I sat down to chat about music, touring, Toronto, travel, social media and lots of other things.